Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From medical malpractice insurance to wealth management to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for an experienced leader in underwriting with a deep understanding of alternative risk transfer and captive solutions to join our Underwriting Department as the VP, Underwriting – Custom Accounts. In this role, you will coordinate a cross-functional team to ensure operational efficiency and the highest level of customer service for Curi’s insured members and business partners. You will be responsible for working closely with the Business Development team to create unique solutions that address the risk transfer needs of larger, more complex physician groups. The ideal candidate will possess and rely on extensive experience in structuring insurance products, including the formation and cultivation of captive programs.
- Grow and manage the Custom Accounts unit according to Curi’s profitability metrics
- Develop and manage alternative risk transfer and captive solutions for physician practices
- Utilize strong communication skills to relay complex risk transfer issues/structures to the Business Development team, prospective clients, and across key functional departments to deliver and support custom solutions
- Maintain a strong understanding of the operational and regulatory requirements associated with establishing captive programs for clients
- Supervise custom account underwriters
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of core functions of an insurance company and actuarial concepts
- Ability to develop a high level of technical expertise and product-specific knowledge
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve issues of varying complexity
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners, including Executive Leadership
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete work and/or projects effectively.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound business decisions
- Team player
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to lead and mentor others
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of property and casualty experience, including underwriting, brokering, and captive management.
Preferred Education and Experience
- 10+ years of property and casualty experience
- Medical professional liability underwriting experience
- Management experience
- Completion of one or more insurance professional designations preferred