Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From wealth management to medical malpractice insurance to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented individual with excellent verbal and written communications skills to work in our Underwriting Department as an Underwriting Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Underwriting, you will be responsible for supporting the underwriters in all phases of the management of new and renewed professional liability policies, including, but not limited to, data entry and policy creation, processing policy changes, and providing direct customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Enter applicable information into policy management system and oversee the application through all workflow processes
- Collaborate with designated Underwriter to manage workflow for renewal of professional liability policies through and including the issuance of the correct policy, supplemental forms, and delivery to customers
- Manage and process all Oasis transactions of policy changes with accurate distribution
- Coordinate functions of policy management within defined workflow processes, routing to the Underwriter as indicated within the defined timeline
- Use and become proficient in the utilization of technology supporting underwriting functions including eOasis, OnBase, OnBase Workflow, Microsoft Office & Curi Policy Holder Services (PHS)
- Index all documentation into OnBase document management system for retention
- Manage all workflow queues and processing
- Serve as customer support of assigned territories, along with responsible Underwriter
- Collaborate with other Underwriting Assistants to handle mail and other documents received via email, fax, or website
- Provide support to Credentialing Specialists
- Proficient with underwriting technology
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to take ownership of projects to drive issues to resolution
- Ability to display a professional demeanor despite stressful situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Ability to maintain and preserve confidentiality.
- Enjoys working on a team
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service and data entry experience in the insurance industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with policy management systems
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service and data entry experience in the medical professional liability insurance industry
- Experience working in a paperless office environment.