Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From medical malpractice insurance to wealth management to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for an articulate and thoughtful clinical Risk Consultant to join our Risk Management department. In this role, you will collaborate with member insureds to identify medical malpractice risk exposures in the physician medical practice setting and provide risk reduction strategies for implementation.
This individual will provide risk management advice to insured physicians and practice administrators, develop scalable client-ready resources, and give presentations on relevant topics to physicians and their employees. Another primary responsibility will be to research healthcare risk management issues to support company and department initiatives and maintain vigilant on how current trends in healthcare may affect customers. This position will work collaboratively with our Risk Management team members, other departments in our organization, and broker partners to optimize services to our existing and prospective members.
- Collaborate with insureds to identify medical malpractice risk exposures in the physician medical practice setting and offer risk reduction strategies
- Serve as a liaison to all insured practices requesting and/or completing a proprietary online Self-Risk Assessments (SRAs)
- Provide consultant coverage to include telephone and email triage and internal/external customer service support by addressing clinical Risk Management, privacy/security and compliance questions
- Participate as a team member on departmental projects to achieve business plan goals
- Research topics to facilitate the development of new work products (blog posts, webinars, policies, consent forms, etc.)
- Research and submit documentation of current trends in risk management and patient safety to management
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service
- Advanced writing abilities
- Intermediate skills in all Microsoft applications
- Strong organization and time management
- Public speaking and presentation
- Ability to:
- Work independently and as a collaborative team member in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Complete the business need, which may include evening and weekend hours
- Adapt to an ever-changing work environment
- Licensed healthcare professional or JD
- Five years’ experience in a healthcare setting required
- Prior risk management experience preferred
- Prior experience preparing and presenting healthcare educational offerings preferred
- Prior experience in medical record review preferred