Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From medical malpractice insurance to wealth management to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for a self-starter that is willing to work both independently and collaboratively as a Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer in our Information Technology department. In this role, you will be responsible for quality and end-to-end testing for the internal applications and technology supporting Curi’s insurance solutions, including the development and execution of automated testing. The ideal candidate must be comfortable “carrying the torch” for quality across the Information Technology organization, have the ability to create strong internal relationships, and feel comfortable testing across different technologies in our home-grown and off-the-shelf applications.
This role is an excellent opportunity to create and lead the QA process within a modernizing organization as we continue to scale and transform how we provide excellent products and services to our customers.
- Develop and promote best practices and guidelines for automating quality
- Influence architectural decisions to design for testability
- Engineer and integrate modern automation capabilities into both new and legacy technology stacks
- Design, develop, and execute automated tests
- Develop and execute integration and regression tests
- Perform testing, clearly log defects, maintain test data, and monitor test performance over time
- Document and maintain test plans
- Write scripts and software to automate tasks such as test setup
- Participate in understanding and grooming of user stories, and create QA tasks, test cases, and functional automation
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate QA activities
- Map requirements to integration and system tests
- Investigate incoming bug reports by reproducing issues and investigating logs
- Experience working in an Agile environment—writing, testing, and setting up frameworks in an automated system
- Experience testing web applications and Web Services (REST APIs)
- Familiarity with GitHub, GitHub Actions, and Jira
- Experience writing basic SQL queries
- Experience with AWS a plus
- Experience with automated testing software (e.g., Cucumber, Cypress, Protractor, NUnit, etc)
- Scripting—read and write scripts, such as Powershell, Bash, etc.
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred, or relevant hands-on experience in a related field.