Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From medical malpractice insurance to wealth management to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for an individual with a strong balance of business and technical aptitude to join our IT department as a Principal Business Analyst. In this role, you will serve as a liaison between IT and various client groups, managing the relationships and expectations. A primary responsibility will be to guide the design and implementation or improvement of existing IT business systems applications.
This position requires the ability to analyze business needs cross-functionally and make recommendations for the overall benefit of the organization. The individual in this position will work very closely with other members of IT, and will take direction from their direct manager and other teams in which they participate.
The ideal candidate will possess creativity and resourcefulness to accomplish goals and objectives, and apply concepts, plans and strategies which may deviate from the traditional methods and practices.
- Develop client relationships and manage customer expectations (customers comprise a diverse group – including executives, managers, and subject matter experts)
- Support systems application and business processes
- Create report definitions and specifications
- Facilitate product upgrades and coordinate testing and installation with clients
- Assist in the analysis and implementation of new initiatives
- Conduct training and presentations as needed
- Function as a technical contact with vendors
- Provide courteous, responsive service
- Serve as primary liaison with certain software vendors (as needed)
- Serve as a project manager (as needed)
- Supervise and/or mentor other Business Analysts (as needed)
- Insurance industry/administrative systems experience
- Business Objects, Crystal Reports, or SQL experience
- Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Imaging system experience (preferably OnBase)
- Exposure to software development lifecycles, such as Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- 10+ years’ experience as a business analyst, consultant, or related role—providing direct customer support of IT applications
- A Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience
- Strong organization, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts/table structures and report writing tool
- Ability to lead small-to-mid-sized projects
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and strong technical knowledge
- A positive attitude with a service-delivery mentality
- Enthusiasm for learning new software tools/applications (off-the-shelf and internally developed)
- A strong interest in creative problem-solving, the application of emerging technological standards, and providing functional, high-quality service
- Ability to work independently and supervise others