Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From wealth management to medical malpractice insurance to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for an analytical thinker to work in our Finance Department as a Financial Reporting Accountant. Reporting to the Manager of Accounting, you will be responsible for the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, financial statements, financial reporting packages, and related financial analysis for multiple reporting entities affiliated with Curi, Inc. You will also participate in the preparation of Statutory and GAAP financial statements, be involved in the annual audit, and play a primary role in compliance-related filings and forms distribution.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements
- Prepare reporting packages (internal and external)
- Prepare financial filings for regulatory agencies
- Provide financial analysis and analytical review of performance, including projections, fluctuation analyses, budget-to-actual analyses, etc.
- Develop departmental procedures and internal controls
- Assist in providing and preparing information for tax return preparers
- Assist with entity-level and company-wide budget preparation and reporting
- Work with external auditors, including preparation of exhibits, preparation and support of financial statements in audited format, explanations of variations, disclosure checklists, etc.
- Perform special projects as needed
- Outstanding critical thinking and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform under moderate supervision while resolving problems of varying complexity on own initiative.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Two years public accounting or relevant industry experience
CPA preferred but not required.