Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From medical malpractice insurance to wealth management to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for an experienced accounting professional to join our Finance Department as a Controller. In this role, you will help us manage financial statement preparation, regulatory filings, monthly close, and other day-to-day accounting operations.
- Supervise all financial reporting functions/filings, including the monthly general ledger close and internal and external quarterly and annual financial statement preparations, ensuring timely and accurate delivery
- Maintain and improve analytical review of monthly/quarterly/annual results
- Responsible for complex accounting functional areas and related procedures
- Maintain and improve internal control environment and related documentation where necessary
- Function as primary point of contact for the annual audit process and preparer of audited financial statements
- Manage accounting staff, and serve as a member of the management team, participating in deliberations on company matters
- Provide technical accounting guidance and advice, conducting research for new accounting pronouncements as warranted.
- Comprehensive understanding of and experience with Statutory Accounting Principles
- 6-10 years of experience with demonstrated progression of responsibility in audit and/or industry accounting roles
- Staff management experience
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems/inefficiencies then devise and implement solutions
- BA/BS degree and CPA license, Masters of Accounting a plus
- Minimum 6-10 years of work-related experience in area of expertise.