Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From wealth management to medical malpractice insurance to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for a critical thinker that is both creative and thoughtful to lead our Cloud infrastructure as Cloud Operations Manager in our IT Department. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Curi’s private and public cloud infrastructure that support hosted business applications and services. This role is responsible for system security, performance, and uptime of all IT systems; and requires extensive knowledge and experience with virtualization, database systems, storage, networking, public cloud, automation, and disaster recovery.
You will report to the VP of Engineering and contribute to the design of a secure, resilient, and scalable public cloud environment achieved through automation and infrastructure as code, and significantly contribute to the successful migration of systems and applications to Curi’s public cloud environment.
You will also work closely with all technology teams to release deployments and diagnose bugs and application performance issues.
- Adhere to organization and department policies and goals
- Recommend department policy and operational changes to help streamline business operations
- Maintain hardware and software that support the business
- Manage public and private cloud operations including security, automation, performance, availability, and cost management
- Manage vendors who provide day-to-day operational support for private cloud environments
- Maintain adequate licensing for systems and databases
- Maintain proper security posture for all cloud environments
- Automate manual processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Coordinate systems updates and patching
- Enhance, maintain, and test disaster recovery plans
- Develop processes, procedures, and standards for effective management of cloud operations, including system metrics and KPIs (performance, capacity, availability, etc.)
- Coordinats with technology teams to support deployments and troubleshooting
- On-call responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Ability to lead technical projects and integrations with internal and external platforms and partners, including architectural discussions and implementations to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- Experience in infrastructure prioritization, design, development, and deployment
- A deep understanding of on-premise and cloud integration and infrastructure technologies
- Experience executing projects in Agile environments (Kanban and Scrum)
- Experience or certification in cloud computing
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated expertise delivering technical solutions as per specified plans, deliverables, costs and timelines, start to finish.
- Ability to multitask and handle urgent interruptions with professionalism
- Strong presentation skills; written and verbal communication, including the ability to influence key business and technology partners
- Experience in healthcare, insurance, or related field
- Strong automation and programming skills
- 8+ years’ experience with VMWare, Windows, Linux, SAN, network and server hardware
- 4+ years’ experience with backup technologies
- 4+ years’ experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure
- Ability to be creative, thoughtful, and critical
- 10+ years’ experience as an Infrastructure Manager or Architect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Masters a plus