Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From medical malpractice insurance to wealth management to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for an experienced, relationship-oriented sales professional to join our Business Development team as a Business Development Leader. In this role, you will act as the ambassador of the brand, product, and mission to new and existing broker partners.
The Business Development Leader will be responsible for executing on the company’s broker-driven distribution model. You will take full ownership and accountability for 10 to 15 distribution partners across VA, NC, SC, GA, TN, KY, and OH and identify new opportunities with additional brokers. Working in tandem and collaboration with Underwriting, Risk Management, Claims, and other key functional areas of the organization, the Business Development Leader will utilize their strong product and market knowledge to leverage and drive new business across all revenue streams.
- Work closely with new and existing broker partners to develop, manage, and secure quality new business in assigned territory
- Represent and promote the company by being an active attendant and participant at relevant industry conferences, tradeshows and conventions
- Work aggressively to meet annual new business goals within the determined parameters
- Utilize networking skills to develop new distribution partners.
- Provide support and brand/product education to distribution partners, including new agency on-boarding programs
- Gain and share market intelligence relative to our competitors’ products and services
- Timely entry and maintenance of CRM data in Salesforce application
- Complete and efficient handling/hand-off of new business submissions and all related correspondence
- Report activity, progress and market intelligence during weekly team meetings
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders as we enter into new states and execute on state expansion strategy
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally, including occasional overnight and weekend travel
- Must be a self-starter with excellent customer service, interpersonal, and public relations skills
- Outstanding organization, prioritization, communication, and time-management skills
- Familiarity with product lines, services, and competitive offerings
- Ability to analyze and compare statutory financial data
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8-10 years of medical professional liability experience (preferably in a production, underwriting, risk management or claims role) or 10-15 years in the commercial insurance industry space (producer role) or healthcare sales/business development capacity