Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From medical malpractice insurance to wealth management to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for a knowledgeable sales professional and self-starter to join our Employee Benefits Department as a Benefits Consultant. In this role, you will help us develop new business opportunities, close sales to achieve established annual sales goals, and strategically manage and retain an assigned book of business. The Benefits Consultant works closely and in partnership with the marketing team to identify and cultivate leads, as well as with client management and service teams to effectively and strategically service and retain clients. Effective communication, listening, collaboration, and strategic selling skills are critical to success.
- Identify, prospect, and close new business via referrals, networking sources, and organic prospect meetings to meet quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Work closely and effectively with Sales and Marketing team to strategically cultivate prospects via referrals, cross selling, cold calls and direct marketing
- Educate prospects on business trends, compliance, products evolution, and company value proposition
- Manage sales pipeline and sales activities in Benefit Point
- Attend Industry association events, conferences and meetings based on targeted markets.
- Establish vendor relationships and develop referral sources
- Foster and manage overall relationship with clients to ensure high client satisfaction and annual retention goals
- Work closely and effectively with account management and service teams to ensure client needs are met
- Work closely and collaboratively with Client Service and Sales leader(s) to improve processes or services as needed
- Review RFPs to ensure proper strategy is being executed
- Work closely with internal service teams regarding clients’ pre-renewal strategy, renewal, open enrollment and post renewal follow-up
- Conduct client meetings (in conjunction with service team members where appropriate).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess the ability to work with clients at a senior strategic level
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined
- Meet or exceed annual sales and retention goals
- Must be highly skilled in use of Microsoft Office;
- Experienced with Zywave Benefit Agency Management Systems a plus
- Must be organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to meet deadlines and work well with others
- Experience in a broker agency or benefit administration firm
- 2+ years’ experience in employee benefits sales
- Experience selling to HR and/or Senior Management
- Must be up to date and knowledgeable on Health Care Reform and health and ancillary insurance products.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and familiar with database applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Current life and health insurance license