Curi is committed to helping physicians in medicine, business, and life. Founded in 1975, we were built on a promise: When doctors needed help, we would answer the call. Physicians’ needs have changed over the years, but our dedication to that promise has never wavered. From medical malpractice insurance to wealth management to well-being programs, we remain passionately curious about identifying ways to meet the ever-evolving needs of physicians and those who support them.
We’re looking for a critical thinker with strong attention to detail to join our Finance Department as an Accountant. In this role, you will help us prepare journal entries, reconciliations, financial statements, financial reporting packages, and related financial analysis for multiple reporting entities affiliated with Curi.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare reporting packages (internal and external)
- Prepare financial filings for regulatory agencies
- Provide financial analysis and analytical review of performance, including projections, fluctuation analyses, budget-to-actual analyses, etc.
- Develop departmental procedures and internal controls
- Assist in providing and preparing information for tax return preparers
- Assist with entity-level and company-wide budget preparation and reporting
- Work with external auditors, including preparation of exhibits, preparation and support of financial statements in audited format, explanations of variations, disclosure checklists, etc.
- Perform special projects as needed
- Outstanding critical thinking and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform under moderate supervision while resolving problems of varying complexity on own initiative
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 2 years public accounting or relevant industry experience required
- CPA preferred but not required