Refer to CDC guidance on how to enroll as a healthcare provider and contact your state or local immunization program. States should be sending out notifications when enrollment opens, and more providers are eligible to receive and administer the COVID-19 vaccine.
Below are general statements related to the enrollment process:
- Each state jurisdiction is responsible for enrolling participating providers in the secure cloud-based vaccine management solution (CVMS) for COVID-19 that enables vaccine management and data sharing across providers; hospitals; agencies; and local, state, and federal governments on one common platform.
- Providers will be required to sign the CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Agreement and complete the steps that are part of the enrollment form and process.
- The completed enrollment form is submitted to the state officials for enrolling providers into the CVMS and verifying provider eligibility and site readiness.
- Once enrolled, providers will be responsible for verifying patient eligibility, log dosage administration into the CVMS, track frequency and timing of additional dosages, complete online education, which trains on how to order the vaccine and supplies and enter information into the CVMS.
- Ultimately, COVID-19 vaccine will be widely available and integrated into routine vaccination programs, run by both public and private partners.
You can also find steps outlined in the CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccination-Program Interim Playbook, beginning on page 21.
Please reference the following state jurisdiction executive summaries for specifics to your state: