While in this expedited phase of telehealth, there are still some steps from a more comprehensive list of requirements that should be followed:
- Use Curi’s telemedicine informed consent forms.
- Practice within your scope of specialty (with exceptions—click here to learn more)
- Verify patients’ identity.
- Validate the location/jurisdiction of patients and providers.
- Identify access to emergency services local to the patient (should your telehealth session unexpectedly end).
- Identify emergency contacts.
- Assess patients’ ability to use the technology platform.
- Verbalize or display provider credentials during a telehealth session.
The more comprehensive list of telehealth requirements (to be reconsidered after this public health emergency is lifted) can be found here.